Watch These Simple Tips for Beginning Portrait Photographers on How to Pose Models (VIDEO)
Manny Ortiz is a Chicago-based photographer known for capturing the personality of his subjects. He’s also a good instructor, and in the four-minute video below he provides some great posing tips for budding portrait photographers.
Ortiz explains how to start with a basic hands-on-hip pose and build on that to create multiple “looks” simply by changing the position of the model’s hands, feet, and body stance.
You can find more interesting videos on the Manny Ortiz YouTube channel, and be sure to read yesterday’s story about a photographer who traveled the world making portraits of beautiful redheads.
- Watch This Video and You’ll Never Shoot Photos on Railroad Tracks Again
- Top Guns: 4 of the Most Popular Photographers on Social Media Share the Secrets to Their Success
- Does It Bug You that Nature Documentaries Are Kind of Fake? Watch This Video & Tell Us What You Think
- Summer Project: How to Put Classic Nikon Lenses Back to Work
- Capture the Beauty of Long Exposures with Your Camera’s Live View Mode and an ND Filter (VIDEO)