TrekPod Go! Monopod; When The Going Gets Tough. . . Page 2
TrekPod Go! performed up to and exceeded any requirements I might have for a monopod. Whether it was walking trails in a state park or hiking more rugged terrain in national parks, such as Rocky Mountain National Park, the little monopod that could served well as both a camera support and hiking staff. It's not just for photographers; my guess is that birders and other lovers of the outdoors will consider it an indispensable accessory. I do.
Head Of The Class
Monopods can be used with the same type of heads as a tripod but typically don't use any head at all. Flashpoint's carbon fiber and Monostat's monopods can be used without any head and like any monopod are easily tilted to get the perfect camera angle. Monostat-RS monopods have a reversible 3/8 and 1/4" mount that can be screwed into your camera's base or tripod collar on long focal length and zoom lenses. TrekPod Go! includes a mini ball head but also offers the industry standard 1/4"-20 mounting stud so you can remove and replace it with something more substantial, such as Adorama's ($59) Flashpoint magnesium-alloy ball head that features a micrometer marked base, rubber gripped adjustment knobs, and a quick-release shoe.
Column Sections: Three plus spreadable leg section
Height, Tripod Mode: 43" to 57.5"
Closed Length: 23"
Leg Lock Type: Twist lock/screw (spreadable leg section)
Max Load, Tripod Mode: 9 lbs
Grip: Molded polymer standard; optional hardwood and exotic wood grips available
Weight: 28 oz
For more information, contact Trek Technologies LLC (Trek-Tech), 15858 SW Upper Boones Ferry Rd., Lake Oswego,
OR 97035; (503) 459-0030; www.trek-tech.com.
- Nature Photographer Captures Stunning Images of African Wildlife at Night Under Moonlit Skies
- Photographer Solves Mystery After Developing Forgotten Film In Vintage Camera Bought on eBay
- This Happens When You Cut a Working Canon SLR Camera in Half with a 60,000 PSI Waterjet (VIDEO)
- Try These Simple Tricks to Get High-End Creative Effects with a Cheap Kit Lens (VIDEO)
- Take a Video Tour of One of the World's Most Amazing Camera Shops: Grays of Westminster