One Final Thought; Commuter Traffic…
In the summer of 2004 I was the touring drummer for Beth Hart as she rallied
through The Netherlands and Denmark playing clubs and festivals. My crusty,
trusty Pentax ME Super went with me everywhere, though I didn't have an
opportunity for much photo hunting beyond the van, dressing room, and hotel.
I longed to put on my Eisenstadt hat and capture the pulse of the cities we
were whirling through, but mostly I achieved only bad panning out the window
of the Sprinter.
One day I got my road-weary posterior out of bed at an ungodly hour and took to wandering the streets while Amsterdam eased into its morning routine. I took up a post on a small canal bridge and waited as vigilantly and casually as I could. This snap of commuter traffic is much different than photos from my native Los Angeles. Holland rocks!
Technical Info: Fuji's Acros 100 black and white film. Lens, exposure, and shutter not remembered, but most likely "f/8 and be there." Developed in the bathroom of my hotel room with a borrowed tank from Dutch photographer Jeroen Bos; supplies purchased locally.
Please Read This!
The premise of "One Final Thought" is that every picture has a story. We invite you to send quality prints (only) and a short narrative on why you took the picture or how, in retrospect, it brings up thoughts and feelings about the subject.
We do not return submissions. By sending us an image and text you grant us permission to publish it in this magazine and on our website. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: email@example.com.
Send submissions to: One Final Thought, Shutterbug
1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1
Titusville, FL 32780.
- Fog-Chasing Photographer Spent 18 Months Making This Enchanting 4K Time Lapse of Mt. Tamalpais
- Meet Luminar: A New, Full-Featured Image-Editing Program for Mac Users for Only $59
- Here’s the Best Way to Sharpen Your Images: Use This Free Photoshop Action Download (VIDEO)
- Hands-On with Nikon’s Two New Premium Nikkor Lenses at PhotoPlus Expo (VIDEO)
- Rita Kluge Swims with Adult Whales & Their Babies to Get These Captivating Underwater Images