Fateful Trip To “The Grove”
I often photograph at a nature preserve in Glenview, Illinois, called "The
Grove." While testing a newly acquired Voigtländer Bessa-R with a
50mm Nokton lens, I came upon this scene and quickly moved into position. This
was the only frame with this composition as the rooster was slowly walking across
Whenever I acquire these one-chance images it makes me think about a factor that governs all of our lives--fate. By saying "hi" to a neighbor, encountering an extra stoplight, or following a different path in the preserve, this photo would never have happened.
--Le Roy Meyers
Arlington Heights, IL
Please Read This
The premise of Talking Pictures is that every picture has a story. We invite you to send quality prints (only) and a short narrative on why you took the picture or how, in retrospect, it brings up thoughts and feelings about the subject.
We do not return submissions. By sending us an image and text you grant us permission to publish it in this magazine and on our website. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: email@example.com. Send submissions to:
Talking Pictures, Shutterbug
1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1
Titusville, FL 32780
- Jordan Matter Captures Dancers Like You’ve Never Seen Them Before: Naked on the Street After Dark
- Australian Photographer Captures the Maelstrom of Gigantic Waves, and All You Can Say is WOW!
- These Are the First Known Photos of Snowflakes Ever Made: Shot by a Vermont Farmer in 1885
- Sony RX10 III Superzoom Camera Review
- Holiday Buyers: 7 Photo Gifts That Cost Less Than $100 And Are Guaranteed to Please