“Sunlit Lily Pads”
"Sunlit Lily Pads"
I went to PepsiCo Gardens in Purchase, New York, on a very hot summer day. It was 98Þ and I hate the heat. However, I was determined to increase my infrared portfolio and it was now or never. I took my Nikon F100 with me and drove over the George Washington Bridge from New Jersey to take photographs of the Gardens. I walked around and shot to my heart's content, but when I got to the section with the lily pads I ran out of film. I saw the sun gleaming on the leaves and was quite upset not only that I ran out of film, but that I didn't have a changing bag with me nor did I have another roll of infrared film. In a flash I remembered that I had my Fuji FinePix E900 point-and-shoot in the car. I ran back and took this photo of the lily pads. It is one of my favorite images of 2006.
Teaneck, New Jersey
Please Read This
The premise of "Talking Pictures" is that every picture has a story. We invite you to send quality prints (only) and a short narrative on why you took the picture or how, in retrospect, it brings up thoughts and feelings about the subject.
We do not return submissions. By sending us an image and text you grant us permission to publish it in this magazine and on our website. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: email@example.com.
Send submissions to:
Talking Pictures, Shutterbug
1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1
Titusville, FL 32780
- Photographer Solves Mystery After Developing Forgotten Film In Vintage Camera Bought on eBay
- Take a Video Tour of One of the World's Most Amazing Camera Shops: Grays of Westminster
- Try These Simple Tricks to Get High-End Creative Effects with a Cheap Kit Lens (VIDEO)
- Jordan Matter Captures Dancers Like You’ve Never Seen Them Before: Naked on the Street After Dark
- How Do You Photograph Michael Phelps? Fire As Fast As You Can Every Time He Comes Up For Air