“Sunlit Lily Pads”
"Sunlit Lily Pads"
I went to PepsiCo Gardens in Purchase, New York, on a very hot summer day. It was 98Þ and I hate the heat. However, I was determined to increase my infrared portfolio and it was now or never. I took my Nikon F100 with me and drove over the George Washington Bridge from New Jersey to take photographs of the Gardens. I walked around and shot to my heart's content, but when I got to the section with the lily pads I ran out of film. I saw the sun gleaming on the leaves and was quite upset not only that I ran out of film, but that I didn't have a changing bag with me nor did I have another roll of infrared film. In a flash I remembered that I had my Fuji FinePix E900 point-and-shoot in the car. I ran back and took this photo of the lily pads. It is one of my favorite images of 2006.
Teaneck, New Jersey
Please Read This
The premise of "Talking Pictures" is that every picture has a story. We invite you to send quality prints (only) and a short narrative on why you took the picture or how, in retrospect, it brings up thoughts and feelings about the subject.
We do not return submissions. By sending us an image and text you grant us permission to publish it in this magazine and on our website. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: email@example.com.
Send submissions to:
Talking Pictures, Shutterbug
1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1
Titusville, FL 32780
- Our Pick: The 10 Best Lenses for Mirrorless Cameras
- Create Dynamic “Rain” Portraits on the Cheap with a Manual-Focus Lens and a Garden Hose (VIDEO)
- What to Do When You Think You've Lost All Your Images on a Faulty Memory Card
- Canon Unveils 30.4MP 5D Mark IV DSLR & Two Lenses; We Take It For a Test Drive (VIDEO)
- Our Favorite Reader Websites: 3 Great Online Photo Portfolios that Make Every Click Count