Student Union - Will Newman
Carolina Day School
Asheville, North Carolina
is the youngest photographer we've featured on this page--he's
11, and in the fifth grade at Carolina Day School. "When I was about 2
years old," Will says, "my mom put a camera in my hands and said,
`Shoot.' But she never said what. Later she said, `Anything.'"
He already has a few awards to his credit, including a Ranger Rick prize and a best in show from the North Carolina State Fair. He's also a photographer for his school's newspaper. While he thinks he'll always be interested in photography, he does have another strong interest: music. "I play piano and saxophone," Will tells us.
Will is, by the way, the second member of his family to be showcased in this column. His sister, Rachel, was our September, 2003, Student Union subject.
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: email@example.com or call (321) 225-3121.
- Brandon Stanton’s Humans of New York: The Power of Storytelling In Documentary Photography
- Underwater Photographer Jean-Marie Ghislain Captures Diver Playing with Great White Sharks
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 105mm f/1.4E ED Lens Review
- Make Your Landscape Photographs “Pop” with This Photoshop Tutorial from Jimmy McIntyre (VIDEO)
- Check Out These Mind-Blowing Cityscapes of the Big Apple Like You’ve Never Seen it Before