Student Union - Will Newman
Carolina Day School
Asheville, North Carolina
is the youngest photographer we've featured on this page--he's
11, and in the fifth grade at Carolina Day School. "When I was about 2
years old," Will says, "my mom put a camera in my hands and said,
`Shoot.' But she never said what. Later she said, `Anything.'"
He already has a few awards to his credit, including a Ranger Rick prize and a best in show from the North Carolina State Fair. He's also a photographer for his school's newspaper. While he thinks he'll always be interested in photography, he does have another strong interest: music. "I play piano and saxophone," Will tells us.
Will is, by the way, the second member of his family to be showcased in this column. His sister, Rachel, was our September, 2003, Student Union subject.
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (321) 225-3121.
- Nature Photographer Thomas Heaton Reveals His Secrets for Shooting Spectacular Seascapes (VIDEO)
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Aperture But Were Afraid to Ask (VIDEO)
- How to Shoot Pretty Portraits with a Compact Camera; Manny Ortiz Strips It Down With the Sony RX100 V
- Learn How to Brighten Eyes in Photoshop in Less than One Minute (VIDEO)
- Here Are 10 Great Tips & Tricks for Making Precise Selections & Masks in Photoshop (VIDEO)