Student Union - Will Newman
Carolina Day School
Asheville, North Carolina
is the youngest photographer we've featured on this page--he's
11, and in the fifth grade at Carolina Day School. "When I was about 2
years old," Will says, "my mom put a camera in my hands and said,
`Shoot.' But she never said what. Later she said, `Anything.'"
He already has a few awards to his credit, including a Ranger Rick prize and a best in show from the North Carolina State Fair. He's also a photographer for his school's newspaper. While he thinks he'll always be interested in photography, he does have another strong interest: music. "I play piano and saxophone," Will tells us.
Will is, by the way, the second member of his family to be showcased in this column. His sister, Rachel, was our September, 2003, Student Union subject.
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: email@example.com or call (321) 225-3121.
- Don’t Screw Up: Here’s the Correct Way to Use a Reflector for Better Outdoor Portraits (VIDEO)
- Fujifilm Announces Pricing, Availability & Lenses for GFX 50S Medium Format Mirrorless Camera
- This Happened When Kristina Makeeva Took a Stroll on the Deepest, Cleanest Lake On Earth
- These Are the Jaw-Dropping Winners of the 2016 Monochrome Awards Photography Contest
- Nature Photographer James Zwadlo Creates a Different Reality with His Unique Infrared Images