Student Union - Pippa Bianco
St. Paul's School
Concord, New Hampshire
When we talked with Pippa she'd just graduated from St. Paul's School and was getting ready to attend Yale University. She wasn't sure whether she'd be majoring in painting or photography.
"I'm pretty new to photography, only two years," she says. "I took it up because I wanted to branch out and try other media and see what it would be like." But after two years of study at St. Paul's--basic photo, digital, and one advanced course--she is certain that photography will remain an important part of her life. "I really love it," she says, "and I'm thinking about it as a career--perhaps fine art or even advertising photography."
The images here represent darkroom techniques and a combination of painting
and photography. "The fact that I paint influences my photography, and
my photography influences my painting as well," she says.
Pippa Bianco was recommended by Charles Lemay, a photography teacher at St. Paul's School.
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (321) 225-3121.
- Hot New Glass from Nikon: Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 Zoom & 19mm f/4 Tilt-Shift Lenses Announced
- Sensuous Bikini Glamour Photography is Easy with This Simple Setup and a Pretty Model (VIDEO)
- Toby Harvard Creates Striking Neon-Lit Portraits with Cheap Gear & Minimal Technical Expertise
- Case Air Wireless System Transfers Images from Your Camera to a Computer & Wireless Devices
- Epson Unveils Gorgeous Winners of 2016 International Panorama Photography Competition