Student Union - Pippa Bianco
St. Paul's School
Concord, New Hampshire
When we talked with Pippa she'd just graduated from St. Paul's School and was getting ready to attend Yale University. She wasn't sure whether she'd be majoring in painting or photography.
"I'm pretty new to photography, only two years," she says. "I took it up because I wanted to branch out and try other media and see what it would be like." But after two years of study at St. Paul's--basic photo, digital, and one advanced course--she is certain that photography will remain an important part of her life. "I really love it," she says, "and I'm thinking about it as a career--perhaps fine art or even advertising photography."
The images here represent darkroom techniques and a combination of painting
and photography. "The fact that I paint influences my photography, and
my photography influences my painting as well," she says.
Pippa Bianco was recommended by Charles Lemay, a photography teacher at St. Paul's School.
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (321) 225-3121.
- Seagate Unveils the World’s Highest Capacity Hard Drive with Room for All Your Images, Videos & More
- Bay Photo Lab’s Xpozer Photo Wall Display Review
- Check Out This Simple, Pixel-Perfect Trick for Aligning Multiple Images in Photoshop (VIDEO)
- Ask A Pro: Scott Kelby Answers Your Photography Questions
- Is Olympus Planning a Whopping 300-500mm F/2.8-4 Lens for Micro Four Thirds Cameras?