Student Union - Katherine Cochrane
Volunteering to be the photographer for the school yearbook was a bit of a reach for Katherine--she says she'd never before used a "real" camera. But she picked it up quickly. "It became my thing, and I really liked it." She joined the school's photo club, an informal gathering of interested students. "It's a very small group--maybe 10 people signed up; maybe three show up," she says.
She shoots with a Canon Digital Rebel and does Photoshop treatments of selected images on her home computer.
Now a senior, Katherine plans to major in business while in college, with a minor in photography or graphic arts.
- Here’s How to Separate Your Model from the Background for More Dynamic Portraits (VIDEO)
- 3 Mistakes that Beginner Photographers Always Make & How to Fix Them (VIDEO)
- Craig Burrows Captures the Glowing “Invisible Light” Emitted by Plants Using UV Fluorescence
- Travel Photo Tips: It’s Not What You See, but What You Feel That Makes for Better Pictures
- These Gorgeous Images Show Why It’s Important to Pay Attention to Obscure Photo Contests