Student Union - Katherine Cochrane
Volunteering to be the photographer for the school yearbook was a bit of a reach for Katherine--she says she'd never before used a "real" camera. But she picked it up quickly. "It became my thing, and I really liked it." She joined the school's photo club, an informal gathering of interested students. "It's a very small group--maybe 10 people signed up; maybe three show up," she says.
She shoots with a Canon Digital Rebel and does Photoshop treatments of selected images on her home computer.
Now a senior, Katherine plans to major in business while in college, with a minor in photography or graphic arts.
- Celebrity Shooter Matthew Jordan Smith Shows You How to Take Great Portraits of Women (VIDEO)
- Ask A Pro: Scott Kelby Answers Your Photography Questions
- 3 Legged Thing Corey Magnesium Alloy Travel Tripod with AirHed Neo Ball Head Review
- Here’s the Lowdown on Making Dramatic Photos by Shooting from a Low Camera Angle (VIDEO)
- Which Lens Is Best for Portraits: A Fast 85mm F/1.4 Prime or a Versatile 70-200mm F/2.8 Zoom? (VIDEO)