Student Union - Joe Hoyle
Billy Joe Hoyle
School of Photography, Daytona Beach Community College
Currently. In the final year of a three-year program in photography.
Goals. "To be a photojournalist; an assignment photographer for a major magazine. My dream assignment would be to have the opportunity to cover events that make history; to be a witness to history and capture it on film."
Why Photojournalism? "I've always had a passion for history and art, and photojournalism combines them. As a photojournalist I can pictorially document history."
Influences. "Cartier-Bresson, Robert Frank, Robert Capa, and my favorite, Sebastiao Salgado."
Education. "Before I started school I would see things but wouldn't know how to express them in the photograph. The school has taught me how to take my vision and incorporate it into a photograph."
Cameras. Canon AE-1, Leica M6.
Film. Tri-X 100 and 400; Provia 100 and 400.
Billy Joe Hoyle was recommended to us by Patrick Van Dusen, program manager, Southeast Museum School of Photography at Daytona Beach Community College.
- ExploreCams Website Reveals the Most Popular Cameras & Settings Used by Photographers
- How About These Stunning Images Captured with the New High-Speed AF-S Nikkor f/1.4E ED Lens?
- Cancer Therapist Mimics Celebrity Pics to Raise Money for Patients with These Hilarious Photos
- Why We Love Modern Retro-Style Cameras
- Does Microsoft’s "Intelligent" New Pix iPhone Photo App Beat Apple at Their Own Game?