Student Union - Jared Milgrim
Brooks Institute Of Photography
Santa Barbara, California
Jared will graduate this summer, but he's already well on his way to a career as a professional photographer; in fact, most would consider him already there, as he shoots assignments for musicians' promotions and CD packages, has an agency representing his work and a website (www.JRMPhoto.com) that showcases his skills and accomplishments.
Jared says that high school photography classes gave him "an amazing foundation," as well as a love of photography. He also took workshops at Brooks while still a high school sophomore. A relative in the music business opened a few doors for him, and his photographic ability and affinity for music did the rest. The future? "I'd love to travel with bands," Jared says, "and do documentary photography of the group on tour."
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: email@example.com or call (321) 225-3121.
- Our Pick: The 10 Best Lenses for Mirrorless Cameras
- Canon Unveils 30.4MP 5D Mark IV DSLR & Two Lenses; We Take It For a Test Drive (VIDEO)
- Create Dynamic “Rain” Portraits on the Cheap with a Manual-Focus Lens and a Garden Hose (VIDEO)
- 5 Quick Tips for Great Mobile Travel Photography
- Top Products of the Year: We Team Up with TIPA to Pick the Best Photo Gear of 2016