Student Union - Jared Milgrim
Brooks Institute Of Photography
Santa Barbara, California
Jared will graduate this summer, but he's already well on his way to a career as a professional photographer; in fact, most would consider him already there, as he shoots assignments for musicians' promotions and CD packages, has an agency representing his work and a website (www.JRMPhoto.com) that showcases his skills and accomplishments.
Jared says that high school photography classes gave him "an amazing foundation," as well as a love of photography. He also took workshops at Brooks while still a high school sophomore. A relative in the music business opened a few doors for him, and his photographic ability and affinity for music did the rest. The future? "I'd love to travel with bands," Jared says, "and do documentary photography of the group on tour."
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (321) 225-3121.
- Venus Optics Just Introduced the Weirdest Lens You’ve Ever Seen: The Laowa 24mm f/14 Macro
- GoPro Launches Their First Drone and Two New Hero5 Action Cameras with Raw Capture Mode
- Hands-On Impressions of the New Fujifilm GFX Medium Format Mirrorless Camera
- Leica and Lensbaby Intro New Lenses at Photokina: Leica 50mm f/1.4 Summilux SL & Lensbaby Twist60
- Bright Ideas: How Alexis Cuarezma Creates Dramatic Images Through Clever Lighting Setups