Student Union - Gardner Mounce
Houston High School
Photography will most likely stay a hobby for Gardner, a senior at Houston High School. He likes that it's something in his life that remains "stress free."
He began photographing with a film camera and switched to digital a little over a year ago. "I usually know what I'm going for when I see something, but I guess digital does make it a little easier," he says. Still, control of the image is important to him. "I get frustrated with people who say they're into photography and use a digital point-and-shoot on auto setting. I'm still learning the technical aspects of photography, but I'm shooting on manual, choosing all the settings. That way I'm choosing how the photo will look."
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: email@example.com or call (321) 225-3121.
- 10 Simple Tips on How to Turn Amateur-Looking Photos Into Pro-Quality Images (VIDEOS)
- Watch Photographer Ilko Allexandroff Get Beautiful Portraits of a Model During a Rain Storm (VIDEO)
- Deep Cover: My 10 Favorite Stealth Photo Tools for Capturing "The Decisive Moment"
- 10 Simple Tips on How to Turn Amateur-Looking Photos Into Pro-Quality Images (VIDEO)
- Brandon Stanton’s Humans of New York: The Power of Storytelling In Documentary Photography