Student Union - Gardner Mounce
Houston High School
Photography will most likely stay a hobby for Gardner, a senior at Houston High School. He likes that it's something in his life that remains "stress free."
He began photographing with a film camera and switched to digital a little over a year ago. "I usually know what I'm going for when I see something, but I guess digital does make it a little easier," he says. Still, control of the image is important to him. "I get frustrated with people who say they're into photography and use a digital point-and-shoot on auto setting. I'm still learning the technical aspects of photography, but I'm shooting on manual, choosing all the settings. That way I'm choosing how the photo will look."
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: email@example.com or call (321) 225-3121.
- Learn How to Make Great Portraits On the Cheap with Three Simple Setups from Nathan Elson (VIDEO)
- Freebie Alert: Get the “National Geographic Guide to Photography” with This Free PDF Download
- Bentley Is at It Again with This 57,700-Megapixel Interactive Image of Their Luxury Car in Dubai
- Our 10 Favorite Film Cameras of All Time
- This Landscape Tutorial Takes You to Death Valley with Nature Photographer Ben Horne (VIDEO)