Student Union - Gardner Mounce
Houston High School
Photography will most likely stay a hobby for Gardner, a senior at Houston High School. He likes that it's something in his life that remains "stress free."
He began photographing with a film camera and switched to digital a little over a year ago. "I usually know what I'm going for when I see something, but I guess digital does make it a little easier," he says. Still, control of the image is important to him. "I get frustrated with people who say they're into photography and use a digital point-and-shoot on auto setting. I'm still learning the technical aspects of photography, but I'm shooting on manual, choosing all the settings. That way I'm choosing how the photo will look."
If you know a student whose work deserves recognition, contact our editorial department by e-mail at: email@example.com or call (321) 225-3121.
- Check Out These Spectacular Images Captured by a Pilot From the Cockpit of a Boeing 747 Cargo Plane
- Is Instant Film Photography Making a Comeback? How Fujifilm Has Sparked an Instant Revival
- Take a Gander at the Massive Tamron 150-600mm Superzoom Lens that Debuted at Photokina
- Venus Optics Just Introduced the Weirdest Lens You’ve Ever Seen: The Laowa 24mm f/14 Macro
- Light Touch: Joe McNally On How to Use Multiple Speedlights to Capture Eye-Popping Portraits