Student Union - Cheryl Zibisky
The Portfolio Center is a private school offering a two-year program for graphic artists, designers, illustrators, writers, and photographers. The goal is real-world preparation and a portfolio designed to open doors and land jobs. "Desire and ambition count as much as previous education," says Cheryl of the school's admission policies.
Cheryl's desire is to shoot editorial and advertising fashion, and she is inspired by the young photographers shooting for magazines like Surface, Nylon, and Trace. She also admires the work of Coliena Rentmeester, Sante D'Orazio, Patrick Demarchelier, and Ellen Von Unwerth. "My subjects are little more serious than Von Unwerth's. I always aspire to get the fun in there, but my pictures always take on a little more of a somber feel."
Cheryl Zibisky was recommended by Ray Ellis, director of photography at the Portfolio Center.
Do you know a student whose work deserves attention? If so, contact our editorial department by e-mail: email@example.com or call (321) 269-3212.
- 10 Simple Tips on How to Turn Amateur-Looking Photos Into Pro-Quality Images (VIDEOS)
- Watch Photographer Ilko Allexandroff Get Beautiful Portraits of a Model During a Rain Storm (VIDEO)
- Deep Cover: My 10 Favorite Stealth Photo Tools for Capturing "The Decisive Moment"
- 10 Simple Tips on How to Turn Amateur-Looking Photos Into Pro-Quality Images (VIDEO)
- Brandon Stanton’s Humans of New York: The Power of Storytelling In Documentary Photography