Please Join Fans of Shutterbug Magazine on Facebook!
In late 2007 Microsoft purchased a 1.6% share in Facebook for $240 million, giving the company a total valuation of around $15 billion. By 2009 Facebook was ranked as the most widely used social networking site in the world, and a year later an estimated 42% of the U.S. population had a Facebook account. In September 2009 Facebook announced it had become cash-flow positive for the first time, and a year later it was valued at $14 billion—becoming the third-largest U.S. internet company behind Google and Amazon.
Facebook reached a trillion page views in June 2011, and held a widely anticipated (and somewhat disappointing) public offering this May.
Like other businesses, Shutterbug launched a Facebook page, which we view as a extension of our printed magazine and popular website shutterbug.com—giving members of the photo community an opportunity to interact with us and each other in real time. If you aren’t already a fan of Shutterbug Magazine on Facebook, we invite you to join us now.
When you visit our Facebook page you’ll have the opportunity to post your favorite images, interact with the Shutterbug team and other photographers, read news about upcoming photography events, and comment about what you’ve read in our magazine and on our website.
To encourage you to upload images to our page, we post weekly themes to get your creative juices flowing and weekly we’ll highlight our favorite submissions. In addition, once a month we’ll choose one of our readers’ images to feature as that month’s Facebook cover shot. So jump aboard now and start posting!
- Nikon Clarifies Their Path Forward: Will Concentrate on Mid-to-High-End DSLRs, Mirrorless Cameras & Lenses
- Watch How Photoshop Can Transform a Dull Photo into a Vibrant Image That “Pops” (VIDEO)
- Learn 7 Lightroom Tricks in 60 Seconds on Using Sliders to Speed up Your Workflow (VIDEO)
- You Should Try This Simple Lighting Setup for Shooting Beautiful Portraits at Home or on Location (VIDEO)
- Final Shot: Here's Our Favorite Reader Photo of the Month