The Alphabet In The Image Page 2
Picture This! -- Our Next Assignment
While churches, synagogues, mosques, and temples rightly can be called sacred spaces, our Picture This! assignment for this month is about scenes and locales that inspire a sense of the divine, or at least a feeling that something greater than ourselves is at work, when we stand and contemplate them. It can be a moment where light makes a special play, a structure or formation that leaves us in awe, or a simple and serene scene that creates an awareness of the sacred in life. This photo is about the wisps of cloud that swept over the massive rock formation one late afternoon, a breeze, and light play that made me stop and marvel at the beauty of the world. Exposure with a Rollei medium format camera on Ilford Delta 100 was f/8 at 1/125 sec.
Please Read This
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration (4x6 up to 81/2x11).
Send your image and information to: Picture This! Shutterbug
1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: September 15, 2008.
Images will appear in our December 2008 issue.
Our next topic: Just Black And White (No Grays)
Deadline: October 15, 2008
Publication Date: January, 2009
Please note: We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.
Want to see images selected for past Picture This! assignments? Go to www.shutterbug.com and click on Picture This! in the "More Articles..." box on the homepage.
- How to Shoot Pretty Portraits with a Compact Camera; Manny Ortiz Strips It Down With the Sony RX100 V
- Here Are 10 Great Tips & Tricks for Making Precise Selections & Masks in Photoshop (VIDEO)
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V Compact Camera Review
- Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens Review: Field Testing Sigma’s Fast “Gateway” Portrait Lens
- Watch This Amtrak Train Plow Through a Snow Covered Station in Slow Mo (VIDEO)