Backlight: Stained Glass To Fall Foliage And More Page 2
Picture This! -- Our Next Assignment
“Hey, Look At The Sky!”
Our next Picture This! assignment is “Hey, Look at the Sky!” There’s a glorious display going on every day above us. Show us your best shots of the amazing light, color, and design of the sky. It’s OK to have ground or foreground subjects included, but make the sky the star of the picture show. This photo of a glorious New Mexico sky was made with a Canon EOS 5D and a Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM lens with an exposure of f/11 at 1⁄60 sec at ISO 100. I tilted back to exaggerate and encompass the amazing range of color and tone.
Please Read This
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: email@example.com.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration (4x6 up to 81/2x11).
Send your image and information to: Picture This! Shutterbug
1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1
Titusville, FL 32780
Deadline for submission: July 15, 2009.
Images will appear in our October 2009 issue.
Our next topic: Soft Effects
Deadline: August 15, 2009
Publication Date: November, 2009
Please note: We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.
Want to see images selected for past Picture This! assignments? Go to www.shutterbug.com and click on Picture This! in the "More Articles..." box on the homepage.
- Our Favorite Reader Photos from "The Great Outdoors" Assignment
- These Gorgeous Images Show Why It’s Important to Pay Attention to Obscure Photo Contests
- Travel Photo Tips: It’s Not What You See, but What You Feel That Makes for Better Pictures
- Wildlife Photography with a Twist: The Unique Zoo Portraiture of Frenchman Eric Pillot
- Johnny Tang’s Eye-Catching Self-Portraits Are Definitely Not Your Typical “Selfies”