Neon City Page 2
Picture This -- Our Next Assignment
Color has a profound effect on how we perceive the subject and scene before us. At times the light lends a hand, such as the predawn hours in a foggy river valley, and at other times we can convert an image from a normally lit scene to one that carries a color mood that we feel best tells the tale. Our Picture This! assignment for this month is Blue Moods, and you can send us images that were originally in a blue cast or those you've created with a blue mood added later. This photo of a glacier in Alaska was made on Shutterbug's recent Photo Cruise with a Kodak EasyShare DX7590 digicam, and the natural light and almost eerie blue of the glacier needed no help from Photoshop later.
Please Read This:
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines.
We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over
the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine
and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, "Wide View").
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
Send your image and information to:
Picture This! Shutterbug Magazine, 1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: February 15, 2005
Images will appear in our May 2005 issue.
Our next topic: Wall Murals
Deadline: March 15, 2005
Publication Date: June, 2005
- Learn How to Make Great Portraits On the Cheap with Three Simple Setups from Nathan Elson (VIDEO)
- Freebie Alert: Get the “National Geographic Guide to Photography” with This Free PDF Download
- Bentley Is at It Again with This 57,700-Megapixel Interactive Image of Their Luxury Car in Dubai
- Getting Started in Photoshop? Here’s How to Use Layer Masks to Edit Difficult Images (VIDEO)
- These Stunning Images Are the 10 Category Winners in the 2017 Sony World Photography Awards Competition