Painterly Backgrounds Page 2
Our next Picture This! assignment is “From Above.” We’re looking for images made from high vantage points that bring out designs, patterns, and points of view. This photo of cyclists was made from a bridge in London with a Canon PowerShot G11 and an exposure of f/8 at 1⁄250 sec at ISO 400. Image was processed using the Threshold Adjustment Layer in Adobe Photoshop.
Please Read This
It is important that you read and follow these guidelines. We need to follow this procedure because of the large volume of images we receive. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Images sent to us cannot be returned. You retain complete copyright over the images, but do grant us permission to print your image(s) in the magazine and on our website, www.shutterbug.com.
2) Because images are not returned please send a quality print or duplicate transparency. We will not accept or view images on CD, ZIP, or any other electronic media.
3) Images will be selected on the basis of content and technical quality. Please mark your outer envelope with the topic of the month (for example, “Wide View”).
4) Enclose a short caption with the image stating camera, lens, film and exposure, plus location. If you are submitting an image with a recognizable person we must have a model release or signed permission from that person to reproduce their image in the magazine and on the website.
5) Please submit no more than three photos for consideration (4x6 up to 81/2x11).
Send your image and information to:
Picture This! Shutterbug Magazine,
1415 Chaffee Dr., Suite #10, Titusville, FL 32780.
Deadline for submission: June 15, 2011.
Images will appear in our September 2011 issue.
Our next topic: Sense Of Scale
Deadline: July 15, 2011
Publication Date: October, 2011
Please note: We receive hundreds of submissions for Picture This! each month and want to be sure we properly identify each image we publish. Please be sure to attach your name and image information to the back of each submission.
Want to see images selected for past Picture This! assignments? Go to www.shutterbug.com and click on Picture This! in the “More Articles…” box on the homepage.
- Jordan Matter Captures Dancers Like You’ve Never Seen Them Before: Naked on the Street After Dark
- These Are the First Known Photos of Snowflakes Ever Made: Shot by a Vermont Farmer in 1885
- Australian Photographer Captures the Maelstrom of Gigantic Waves, and All You Can Say is WOW!
- Sony RX10 III Superzoom Camera Review
- Holiday Buyers: 7 Photo Gifts That Cost Less Than $100 And Are Guaranteed to Please