Nikon Introduces D70s Digital SLR Camera Offers Upgrades to 2004's "Camera Of The Year"
The D70s incorporates a host of new enhancements and refinements internally and externally, in addition to all of the advanced features and innovations found in the D70:
· A refined 5-area autofocus system now has an all-area search priority to go along with the camera's single area, dynamic area, and close subject priorities, improving the camera's ability to acquire focus on fast moving subjects within the frame.
· The camera now boasts a larger 2.0" LCD monitor, making it easier for users to review images and access menus.
· A new remote port for the MC-DC1 electronic cable release (optional) allows users to trigger the camera and hold the shutter open via an electronic cable release
· A built-in Speedlight with a wider angle of coverage, supports 18mm lenses.
· A new easier-to-read menu design in the D70s uses color-coded menus, and a larger type-face.
· A higher capacity EN-EL3a battery offers users more pictures per charge. The EN-EL3a battery comes with a new, smaller MH-18a battery charger. Both the new battery and charger are included with the D70s.
The Nikon D70s will be available either as an Outfit or a Set. The D70s Outfit
includes the camera body, rechargeable battery, charger, new Nikon PictureProject
software, neck strap and the new high-performance AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G
IF-ED lens. The D70s Set includes all items mentioned above except the lens.
The D70s Outfit will be available for an estimated street price of $1199.95,
while the D70s Set (body only) will be available for an estimated street price
of $899.95*1. The camera will ship in early May 2005.
- Brandon Stanton’s Humans of New York: The Power of Storytelling In Documentary Photography
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 105mm f/1.4E ED Lens Review
- Underwater Photographer Jean-Marie Ghislain Captures Diver Playing with Great White Sharks
- Make Your Landscape Photographs “Pop” with This Photoshop Tutorial from Jimmy McIntyre (VIDEO)
- Check Out These Mind-Blowing Cityscapes of the Big Apple Like You’ve Never Seen it Before