New Rolleiflex MiniDigi
It is available through specialty retailers. Pricing is expected to be $399 MSRP.
The classic Rollei twin reflex camera has been a favorite of professional photographers since it was introduced in 1929 to this day. The original camera's two lenses, one above the other; a hand crank lever; shutter release; hooded viewfinder; the coal-black casing, and the Rolleiflex logo have always set it apart. The new Rolleiflex MiniDigi has the look and feel of the original, but easily fits in the palm of your hand or pocket. Most importantly, it's a camera with features that are not only nostalgic, but also unique in the digital world.
Like its parent, the hand crank is an integral part of the camera, but instead
of advancing film (which it obviously doesn't have), the Rollei MiniDigi's
crank prepares the camera for the next shot. Another unique feature is the classic
pop-up hood and viewfinder. The hood means no stray light gets in the way.
Still another nostalgic design feature that has modern applications is the square format. You simply look downward into the viewfinder at waist level, aim, and then shoot from the waist.
Besides the features unique to Rolleiflex, the MiniDigi incorporates digital camera technology -- Mini SD memory cards w/SD card adapter, white balance, fast shutter speeds, 3MP sensor, LCD monitor, etc.
Though it's not intended to be a full-featured digital camera, it takes
good pictures and is an attention-getter and conversation piece.
For more information go to www.dsmww.com
- 10 Tips to Tell Your Novice Photography Friends on How to Shoot Fireworks
- Gearing Up: 10 Essential Photo Products to Bring on Your Next Location Shoot
- Grandpa’s Super Rare 1959 Nikon F with Cloth-Type Shutter Curtain for Sale on eBay
- Apple May Disable Your iPhone Camera at Concerts and Venues Where Photography Is “Inappropriate”
- How to Take Stellar Night Shots of Stars: Better Astrophotography Through Settings And Science