New HP Pinters
In a move that makes creating ICC profiles much easier, HP has incorporated a built-in spectrophotometer in these printers. The profiling takes no more than 20 minutes and is a fairly hands-off, automated process. This time- and money-saving process allows photographers to make custom profiles of just about any paper they desire.
The 12-ink Z3100 includes a quad-black printing setup plus a gloss enhancer
to eliminate any bronzing. Inks do not have to be swapped when going from glossy
to fine-art matte papers. Using Vivera inks, the manufacturer claims a tested
200-year lifespan. Accompanying the introduction are 11 new papers and substrates,
making 37 from HP in all. Quite a few are made in cooperation with Hahnemuhle.
- Getty Photographers Covering the Upcoming Rio Olympics Won’t Be Hurting for High-End Gear
- Watch This Slow Mo Video Shot at 1000 Frames per Second and Try Not to Laugh: We Dare You!
- Need Help with Adobe Lightroom? This Helpful Six-Minute Video Tutorial Covers All the Basics
- Bay Photo Lab’s Xpozer Photo Wall Display Review
- Is Olympus Planning a Whopping 300-500mm F/2.8-4 Lens for Micro Four Thirds Cameras?