Olympus Unveils E-1 Digital SLR
In a long-awaited unveiling
Olympus America has announced that their E-1 Digital SLR will be available
in the fourth quarter of this year. The new E-1 is said to be a completely
digital solution that is the first to be built without relying on what
the company terms "a film/digital hybrid system." The E-1
is said to create a common standard for image sensor size and lens configurations.
Based on the Four Thirds open standard, the E-1 offers a Kodak Full
Frame Transfer CCD that promises improved dynamic range; "digital
specific" Zuiko lenses; and a 5-megapixel top resolution.
- Jordan Matter Captures Dancers Like You’ve Never Seen Them Before: Naked on the Street After Dark
- These Are the First Known Photos of Snowflakes Ever Made: Shot by a Vermont Farmer in 1885
- Australian Photographer Captures the Maelstrom of Gigantic Waves, and All You Can Say is WOW!
- Sony RX10 III Superzoom Camera Review
- Holiday Buyers: 7 Photo Gifts That Cost Less Than $100 And Are Guaranteed to Please