Olympus Unveils E-1 Digital SLR
In a long-awaited unveiling
Olympus America has announced that their E-1 Digital SLR will be available
in the fourth quarter of this year. The new E-1 is said to be a completely
digital solution that is the first to be built without relying on what
the company terms "a film/digital hybrid system." The E-1
is said to create a common standard for image sensor size and lens configurations.
Based on the Four Thirds open standard, the E-1 offers a Kodak Full
Frame Transfer CCD that promises improved dynamic range; "digital
specific" Zuiko lenses; and a 5-megapixel top resolution.
- 13 Questions to Test Your Knowledge of Camera Lenses
- Hands-On Impressions of the New Fujifilm GFX Medium Format Mirrorless Camera
- Photographer Travels the World to Capture These Astonishing Macro Cityscapes in Drops of Water
- Bright Ideas: How Alexis Cuarezma Creates Dramatic Images Through Clever Lighting Setups
- Platypod Pro Review: Quite Possibly The Coolest Camera Support Around