Olympus Unveils E-1 Digital SLR
In a long-awaited unveiling
Olympus America has announced that their E-1 Digital SLR will be available
in the fourth quarter of this year. The new E-1 is said to be a completely
digital solution that is the first to be built without relying on what
the company terms "a film/digital hybrid system." The E-1
is said to create a common standard for image sensor size and lens configurations.
Based on the Four Thirds open standard, the E-1 offers a Kodak Full
Frame Transfer CCD that promises improved dynamic range; "digital
specific" Zuiko lenses; and a 5-megapixel top resolution.
- Medium Tools: Our Favorite Medium Format Cameras, Lenses & Accessories
- Apple May Disable Your iPhone Camera at Concerts and Venues Where Photography Is “Inappropriate”
- How I Opened My Own Photo Gallery (And Lived to Tell the Tale!)
- Photographer Uses GoPro to Demonstrate the Collodion Process Invented in 1851 (VIDEO)
- Nick Carver Shares His Secrets for Making and Framing Great Fine Art Prints (VIDEO)