Olympus Unveils E-1 Digital SLR
In a long-awaited unveiling
Olympus America has announced that their E-1 Digital SLR will be available
in the fourth quarter of this year. The new E-1 is said to be a completely
digital solution that is the first to be built without relying on what
the company terms "a film/digital hybrid system." The E-1
is said to create a common standard for image sensor size and lens configurations.
Based on the Four Thirds open standard, the E-1 offers a Kodak Full
Frame Transfer CCD that promises improved dynamic range; "digital
specific" Zuiko lenses; and a 5-megapixel top resolution.
- Bay Photo Lab’s Xpozer Photo Wall Display Review
- Ask A Pro: Scott Kelby Answers Your Photography Questions
- Is Olympus Planning a Whopping 300-500mm F/2.8-4 Lens for Micro Four Thirds Cameras?
- Seagate Unveils the World’s Highest Capacity Hard Drive with Room for All Your Images, Videos & More
- Final Shot: Our Favorite Reader Photo of the Month