DxO Optics Pro 9.5
DxO Labs announces the immediate availability of DxO Optics Pro v9.5 for Mac and Windows, the latest upgrade of its image processing software of reference for all demanding photographers. DxO Optics Pro v9.5 offers a new image transfer feature that lets users process their RAW photos from Lightroom.
This upgrade also adds support for 4 new cameras as well as 165 new DxO Optics Modules.
Up until now, exporting a RAW image from Lightroom to another software application required first converting it to JPEG or TIFF format, which can reduce image quality. DxO Optics Pro v9.5 offers the first non-destructive workflow that is completely integrated with Lightroom.
This very simple process lets users transfer their RAW images in one click from the Lightroom cataloguer to DxO Optics Pro, process them, and then return them to Lightroom in DNG format, which retains the qualities of a RAW file so as to facilitate additional processing.
The dual non-destructive flow gives users optimal flexibility right through to the final adjustments to their photos.
To learn more about the interaction between DxO Optics Pro and Lightroom, go to our dedicated web page.
The power of DxO processing accessible in just one click
Accessible directly from Lightroom, this workflow puts all of DxO’s image quality know-how into the hands of Adobe software users:
- The quality of its RAW conversion based on prior calibration of each sensor;
- The efficiency of its exclusive PRIME technology in eliminating noise, even under the most extreme shooting conditions;
- The power and precision of its optical corrections which, based on the calibration of each camera/lens combination, eliminates distortion, chromatic aberrations, and vignetting, as well as restores image sharpness;
- The intelligent exposure optimization of its DxO Smart Lighting feature, which among other things allows for perfect recovery of highlights.
DxO Optics Pro automatically adjusts all of these parameters to produce an optimized rendering during batch processing, thus saving users a significant amount of time.
With the aim of facilitating its workflow with Lightroom, DxO Optics Pro v9.5 offers greater compatibility with the XMP standard: star or color rankings stored in image metadata are now perfectly preserved during transfer.
More than 18,000 available Optics Modules
DxO Optics Pro supports most current camera models on the market. DxO Optics Pro v9.5 now handles RAW files from 4 additional cameras: the Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II, the Nikon 1 V3, the Panasonic Lumix GH-4, and the Sony A6000.
Finally, 165 new camera/lens combinations have been added to the library, which today counts more than 18,000 available DxO Optics Modules.
Availability and special offer
The Standard and Elite editions of DxO Optics Pro v9.5 for Mac and Windows are now available in the DxO Labs online store (shop.dxo.com) and at photo resellers at a special discount through June 15, 2014:
• DxO Optics Pro 9 Standard Edition: $99 instead of $169
• DxO Optics Pro 9 Elite Edition: $199 instead of $299
Photographers who acquired a DxO Optics Pro 8 license on or after September 1, 2013 are entitled to a free upgrade to version 9.
A fully-functional trial version of DxO Optics Pro 9, good for one month, is available on the DxO Labs website.
For complete details about all of DxO Optics Pro’s features.
To access DxO Optics Pro tutorials, webinars, and the user guide, check out the DxO Academy.
- Jordan Matter Captures Dancers Like You’ve Never Seen Them Before: Naked on the Street After Dark
- Australian Photographer Captures the Maelstrom of Gigantic Waves, and All You Can Say is WOW!
- These Are the First Known Photos of Snowflakes Ever Made: Shot by a Vermont Farmer in 1885
- Sony RX10 III Superzoom Camera Review
- Tirthankar Gupta is a Powerful Photographer When He’s Not Stuck Inside His Cubicle at Work