Photography is a wide-ranging
field that engenders passion in its practitioners, and like all great
forms of expression creates opinions formed through experience and reflection.
In its early days one of the great debates was: Is Photography Art? This
was the subject of many essays and heated discussions among players and
spectators. Today, issues such as film vs. digital, format choices, the
validity of computer generated images, photography as exploitation or
revealer, and even the merits of ink jet vs. silver prints cause similar
debate. We are opening this department up to readers, manufacturers, and
retailers--in short, everyone who lives and breathes photography
and who has an opinion about anything affecting imaging today.
Stop And Think
- Getty Photographers Covering the Upcoming Rio Olympics Won’t Be Hurting for High-End Gear
- Watch This Slow Mo Video Shot at 1000 Frames per Second and Try Not to Laugh: We Dare You!
- Need Help with Adobe Lightroom? This Helpful Six-Minute Video Tutorial Covers All the Basics
- Geared Up: Long Glass: My Favorite Telephoto And Zoom Lenses For Getting Close To The Action
- Bay Photo Lab’s Xpozer Photo Wall Display Review