Photography is a wide-ranging
field that engenders passion in its practitioners, and like all great
forms of expression creates opinions formed through experience and reflection.
In its early days one of the great debates was: Is Photography Art? This
was the subject of many essays and heated discussions among players and
spectators. Today, issues such as film vs. digital, format choices, the
validity of computer generated images, photography as exploitation or
revealer, and even the merits of ink jet vs. silver prints cause similar
debate. We are opening this department up to readers, manufacturers, and
retailers--in short, everyone who lives and breathes photography
and who has an opinion about anything affecting imaging today.
Stop And Think
- Wild World: Charles Glatzer on How to Stay 10 Steps Ahead as a Wildlife Photographer
- ExploreCams Website Reveals the Most Popular Cameras & Settings Used by Photographers
- The Wolffepack Capture Is a Unique "Orbital" Photo Pack that Swings to the Front. Here's a Preview
- How About These Stunning Images Captured with the New High-Speed AF-S Nikkor F/1.4E ED Lens?
- Cancer Therapist Mimics Celebrity Pics to Raise Money for Patients with These Hilarious Photos