Camera phones or Phone Cameras?
Now, in what could be a trend of the near future, Nikon has added a new model to their compact COOLPIX line that is first and foremost a camera, but offers much of the functionality of an advanced smartphone (other than making and receiving telephone calls) thanks to its use of the Android operating system. In addition to some impressive camera-centric features, the COOLPIX S800c offers Wi-Fi connectivity, built-in GPS capability, and the ability to browse the Internet and upload images to social networks like Google+, Facebook, and Twitter.
Because the camera offers the functionality of Android technology, users have access to the vast world of apps Google Play apps for games and productivity, as well as numerous photo and video application enabling you to edit, enhance, and share images right from your phone—or in this case, your camera. You’ll also be able to download and watch videos right on the camera’s bright 3.5 OLED touchscreen monitor.
When’s the last time you checked your email from a “real” camera? Well, beginning in September you’ll be able to do just that, and my guess is this is the beginning of a whole new category in compact cameras. Stay tuned!
- Watch Photographer Ilko Allexandroff Get Beautiful Portraits of a Model During a Rain Storm (VIDEO)
- 10 Simple Tips on How to Turn Amateur-Looking Photos Into Pro-Quality Images (VIDEOS)
- Deep Cover: My 10 Favorite Stealth Photo Tools for Capturing "The Decisive Moment"
- 10 Simple Tips on How to Turn Amateur-Looking Photos Into Pro-Quality Images (VIDEO)
- Instagram Photographer Hot.Kenobi Uses Action Figures to Create a Humorous, Surreal Universe