Your Zoo In The Fall
Surely you have a favorite zoo. When I lived near Chicago it was the Brookfield Zoo (although the Milwaukee Zoo was quite nice, too).
I can’t prove this scientifically, but I believe that the animals at my current favorite zoo—the Bronx Zoo—can sense when the tourist season has ended. In October, when it’s clear that the school trips are over, the noisy kids are back in school, and only the serious and dedicated animal lovers pass through the turnstiles, the animals shed their summer persona and simply relax.
Officials at the Bronx Zoo have confided that October is the very best month to visit. Apparently, they confer with the animals.
I went there with my favorite Tamron 70-300mm lens and came back with so many great images that it will take me until spring to process them all.
- This Landscape Tutorial Takes You to Death Valley with Nature Photographer Ben Horne (VIDEO)
- Nature Photographer Thomas Heaton Reveals His Secrets for Shooting Spectacular Seascapes (VIDEO)
- Spiff Up Your Photography Wardrobe with These Snazzy Clothes and Accessories from Canon
- Have Fun Making Unique Portraits with These Creative Tips & Tricks (VIDEO)
- Yay! 15 Fun Questions to Test Your Right to be Called a Photography Fanatic