Your Zoo In The Fall
Surely you have a favorite zoo. When I lived near Chicago it was the Brookfield Zoo (although the Milwaukee Zoo was quite nice, too).
I can’t prove this scientifically, but I believe that the animals at my current favorite zoo—the Bronx Zoo—can sense when the tourist season has ended. In October, when it’s clear that the school trips are over, the noisy kids are back in school, and only the serious and dedicated animal lovers pass through the turnstiles, the animals shed their summer persona and simply relax.
Officials at the Bronx Zoo have confided that October is the very best month to visit. Apparently, they confer with the animals.
I went there with my favorite Tamron 70-300mm lens and came back with so many great images that it will take me until spring to process them all.
- Which Lens Is Best for Portraits: A Fast 85mm F/1.4 Prime or a Versatile 70-200mm F/2.8 Zoom? (VIDEO)
- Watch These Massive Siberian Tigers Feast on a Drone After Ripping It out of the Sky (VIDEO)
- Learn How to Win Photo Contests with These Helpful Tips from Successful Shooter Lorenz Holder (VIDEO)
- Nature Photographer Mandy Lea Travels in Style to Capture Gorgeous Images of the Great Outdoors
- Watch This Photoshop Tutorial and Learn How to Give Your Images Vibrant Natural Colors (VIDEO)