Your Zoo In The Fall
Surely you have a favorite zoo. When I lived near Chicago it was the Brookfield Zoo (although the Milwaukee Zoo was quite nice, too).
I can’t prove this scientifically, but I believe that the animals at my current favorite zoo—the Bronx Zoo—can sense when the tourist season has ended. In October, when it’s clear that the school trips are over, the noisy kids are back in school, and only the serious and dedicated animal lovers pass through the turnstiles, the animals shed their summer persona and simply relax.
Officials at the Bronx Zoo have confided that October is the very best month to visit. Apparently, they confer with the animals.
I went there with my favorite Tamron 70-300mm lens and came back with so many great images that it will take me until spring to process them all.
- Take a Minute to Watch These 5 Fun Camera Hacks Using Stuff You Already Have at Home (VIDEO)
- Need a Portrait Model? Teach a Friend How to Pose Like a Pro with 3 Simple Tips (VIDEO)
- Don’t Fear Off-Camera Flash: Use it to Make Better Outdoor Portraits with This Quick Tutorial (VIDEO)
- Can Printing Your Images Make You a Better Shooter? Here’s Why One Pro Says “YES” (VIDEO)
- Underexposed Portraits? They’re Easy to Fix with This 5-Minute Lightroom Tutorial (VIDEO)