Your Zoo In The Fall
Surely you have a favorite zoo. When I lived near Chicago it was the Brookfield Zoo (although the Milwaukee Zoo was quite nice, too).
I can’t prove this scientifically, but I believe that the animals at my current favorite zoo—the Bronx Zoo—can sense when the tourist season has ended. In October, when it’s clear that the school trips are over, the noisy kids are back in school, and only the serious and dedicated animal lovers pass through the turnstiles, the animals shed their summer persona and simply relax.
Officials at the Bronx Zoo have confided that October is the very best month to visit. Apparently, they confer with the animals.
I went there with my favorite Tamron 70-300mm lens and came back with so many great images that it will take me until spring to process them all.
- Getty Photographers Covering the Upcoming Rio Olympics Won’t Be Hurting for High-End Gear
- Long Glass: Our Favorite Telephoto and Zoom Lenses for Getting Close to the Action
- Nikon Unveils AF-S Nikkor 105mm F/1.4E ED to Celebrate 100 Million Lens Milestone
- Need Help with Adobe Lightroom? This Helpful Six-Minute Video Tutorial Covers All the Basics
- Watch This Slow Mo Video Shot at 1000 Frames per Second and Try Not to Laugh: We Dare You!