You Can Make Your Images Better by NOT Doing These 10 Things in Photoshop (VIDEO)
We typically turn to image-editing expert Nathaniel Dodson for advice on Photoshop tools you can use to enhance your images. The in-depth tutorial below is a bit different, in that Dodson explains 10 mistakes you should avoid while editing your work.
Dodson’s intent here is to help you avoid “insanely awful” Photoshop errors with the incorrect or overuse of certain Photoshop tools. He describes the pitfalls of the Bevel Emboss filter, a common Selective Color mistake, and the dreaded “teeth whitening faux pas.”
Other topics include the overuse of HDR, High Pass Filter, Unsharp Mask and Clarity slider—especially in combination with one another. In short rather than learning some new tricks, Dodson shows you how to make your images better by avoiding things you may already be doing.
- Watch This Video and You’ll Never Shoot Photos on Railroad Tracks Again
- Top Guns: 4 of the Most Popular Photographers on Social Media Share the Secrets to Their Success
- Does It Bug You that Nature Documentaries Are Kind of Fake? Watch This Video & Tell Us What You Think
- Summer Project: How to Put Classic Nikon Lenses Back to Work
- Capture the Beauty of Long Exposures with Your Camera’s Live View Mode and an ND Filter (VIDEO)