Weird Lens Guru Reviews the Russian-Made Jupiter-9 85mm F/2 & the Results Are Amazing (VIDEO)
Our favorite weird lens guru Mathieu Stern has been testing out some unusual Soviet-era Russian lenses and the results have been surprisingly impressive. In fact, in the below video, Stern pairs the Jupiter-9 85mm F/2 portrait lens with a Sony A7 II mirrorless camera and some of his still photos and video are actually quite amazing.
The Jupiter-9 85mm F/2 is based on the design of the Carl Zeiss Sonnar lens and is comprised of seven glass elements in three groups. Production on the Jupiter-9 85mm F/2 began in 1948 but was ended in the 1990s.
Prices on eBay for the Jupiter-9 85mm F/2 in variety of mounts are in the $120-170 price range.
- This Landscape Tutorial Takes You to Death Valley with Nature Photographer Ben Horne (VIDEO)
- Nature Photographer Thomas Heaton Reveals His Secrets for Shooting Spectacular Seascapes (VIDEO)
- Spiff Up Your Photography Wardrobe with These Snazzy Clothes and Accessories from Canon
- Have Fun Making Unique Portraits with These Creative Tips & Tricks (VIDEO)
- Hear the Story of How These Amazing Aerial Images of Air Force Jets Were Shot “Blind” on Film (VIDEO)