Watch This Amtrak Train Plow Through a Snow Covered Station in Slow Mo (VIDEO)
Sometimes the best camera is the one that’s with you. Or in the case of Nick Colvin, it was his iPhone.
Colvin shot the mind-blowing, slow motion video below with his iPhone just as an Amtrak train was coming into a snow-filled station in the eastern United States. The station had been hit hard by snowstorm Stella and Colvin knew the train approach would make for some good footage.
That’s, at least, his excuse. Watch the clip below and cringe as you see the other commuters in the station get floored by a wall of snow from the train. It’s amazing no one, as far as we know, was seriously injured. It’s also amazing that no one ran for cover when they realized what was happening but that’s human nature we suppose.
"Train moving faster than usual plus fresh snow from Stella resulted in a more spectacular arrival than expected," Colvin writes on the YouTube page.
His video has quickly gone viral, once again proving that cameras (even the iPhone kind) and bravery/stupidity can result in some amazing imagery.
- Capture the Beauty of Long Exposures with Your Camera’s Live View Mode and an ND Filter (VIDEO)
- Need a Portrait Model? Teach a Friend How to Pose Like a Pro with 3 Simple Tips (VIDEO)
- Take a Minute to Watch These 5 Fun Camera Hacks Using Stuff You Already Have at Home (VIDEO)
- How to Make Your Images Pop with Bokeh: Why Blurred Backgrounds Can Make or Break a Photo
- Sigma sd Quattro H Mirrorless Camera Review