Wait. What? Instant Film Was Amazon’s Top-Selling Photo Product of the 2016 Holiday Season
Last fall we ran a piece suggesting that instant film photography was making a comeback. And based upon recent data from Amazon, it seems as though that is definitely the case. According to a report released this week, the top selling item in Amazon’s camera category over the holidays was Fujifilm’s Instax Mini Instant Film Twin Pack, which sells for $15 for 20 sheets of film.
In fact, while Polaroid and others are addressing the revival of instant photography, Fujjifilm seems to be leading the way with their broad range of Instax cameras and films with models like the cute Mini 8 for kids, and the full-featured Mini 90 and Instax Wide 300 cameras and films for more serious photographers.
And if you’re wondering what other products helped Amazon end the year with a record-breaking holiday season, you can read their report here.
- Learn How to Make Great Portraits On the Cheap with Three Simple Setups from Nathan Elson (VIDEO)
- Freebie Alert: Get the “National Geographic Guide to Photography” with This Free PDF Download
- Getting Started in Photoshop? Here’s How to Use Layer Masks to Edit Difficult Images (VIDEO)
- These Stunning Images Are the 10 Category Winners in the 2017 Sony World Photography Awards Competition
- Bentley Is at It Again with This 57,700-Megapixel Interactive Image of Their Luxury Car in Dubai