Updated Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 II DC OS HSM
Sigma’s 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 II DC OS HSM is the successor to the Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS , which was launched in 2007. The lens has been updated to include the company’s new “F” Low Dispersion (FLD) glass elements, which perform like fluorite glass and significantly improve lens performance. The FLD glass now complements the lens’ other, Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass elements and aspherical lenses, which already provide excellent correction of color aberration.
Ideal for beginner and professional photographers alike, this 11.1x high-zoom ratio lens is designed exclusively for digital SLR cameras and incorporates Sigma’s Optical Stabilization (OS) system, which allows for high-performance, handheld, close-up photography.
The enhanced multipurpose zoom lens offers photographers the opportunity to capture wide-angle shots such as scenic, landscape and group photos, and, at the long end, is well-suited for candid portraits and sports action photography. With a compact body and length of just 3.5 inches, the lens is lightweight and easy to handle for photographers who are on the move.
The 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 II DC OS HSM also incorporates Sigma’s Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) system to produce quiet, high-speed auto focus, it includes the Super Multi-Layer Coating to reduce flare and ghosting, ensuring high quality images throughout the entire zoom range, and its rounded, seven-blade diaphragm creates an attractive blur to the out-of-focus areas of images.
To locate an authorized Sigma dealer near you, visit http://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Nature Photographer Thomas Heaton Reveals His Secrets for Shooting Spectacular Seascapes (VIDEO)
- Yay! 15 Fun Questions to Test Your Right to be Called a Photography Fanatic
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Aperture But Were Afraid to Ask (VIDEO)
- This Landscape Tutorial Takes You to Death Valley with Nature Photographer Ben Horne (VIDEO)
- Learn How to Brighten Eyes in Photoshop in Less than One Minute (VIDEO)