Tamron USA Announces 3-Business Day Repair Service
"We are thrilled here at Tamron USA to supply our customers with a 3-business day turnaround time," stated Pat Simonetti, Director Technical & Customer Service/Distribution. "With the support of our parent company, we were able to take the necessary action to build upon our staff and make this dream a reality. This accomplishment was and continues to be a real team endeavor. I truly appreciate the efforts from all of those involved in this project," said Simonetti.
Customers may anguish about sending a lens in for repair, expecting that they could be without their favorite or workhorse lens for some time. Tamron Co., Ltd. recognized this and challenged its subsidiaries to reach a standard 3-business day turnaround service to make customers feel more confident that, in the unlikely event their lens requires service, they would not be long without it. "By speeding up the repair turnaround time, we can alleviate our customers' anxiety about repairs and thereby increase their satisfaction of and confidence in Tamron products," stated Tak Inoue, President and CEO of Tamron USA. Tamron USA took dramatic steps over the past year to increase the number of repair technicians that work on photographic lenses as well as customer service staff. Internal systems were changed to accommodate the inspection of lenses received by noon of each day and route the lenses to the proper technician for expert repair. Repaired lenses are then given top priority in the distribution center to ensure the product is on its way back to the customer within the established guidelines.
- Learn How to Make Great Portraits On the Cheap with Three Simple Setups from Nathan Elson (VIDEO)
- Freebie Alert: Get the “National Geographic Guide to Photography” with This Free PDF Download
- Getting Started in Photoshop? Here’s How to Use Layer Masks to Edit Difficult Images (VIDEO)
- These Stunning Images Are the 10 Category Winners in the 2017 Sony World Photography Awards Competition
- Bentley Is at It Again with This 57,700-Megapixel Interactive Image of Their Luxury Car in Dubai