“The Big Picture”
One of my favorite art galleries is the Jellies Gallery in California’s Monterey Bay Aquarium. The “art” is constantly moving and endlessly fascinating. On my last visit I stood mesmerized in front of the giant sea nettle exhibit for about 20 minutes, trying to capture the sinuous grace of these incredible creatures with my D-SLR. It wasn’t until I stepped back that I realized I had almost missed the Big Picture—that is, the little pictures.
San Dimas, CA
Please Read This
The premise of “Talking Pictures” is that every picture has a story. We invite you to send quality prints (only) and a short narrative on why you took the picture or how, in retrospect, it brings up thoughts and feelings about the subject.
We do not return submissions. By sending us an image and text you grant us permission to publish it in this magazine and on our website. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: email@example.com.
Send submissions to: Talking Pictures, Shutterbug, 1419 Chaffee Dr., Suite #1, Titusville, FL 32780.
- Our Pick: The 10 Best Lenses for Mirrorless Cameras
- What to Do When You Think You've Lost All Your Images on a Faulty Memory Card
- Canon Unveils 30.4MP 5D Mark IV DSLR & Two Lenses; We Take It For a Test Drive (VIDEO)
- Create Dynamic “Rain” Portraits on the Cheap with a Manual-Focus Lens and a Garden Hose (VIDEO)
- Our Favorite Reader Websites: 3 Great Online Photo Portfolios that Make Every Click Count