Step Back in Time and Watch This Fascinating TV Interview with Victor Hasselblad from 1967 (VIDEO)
Everyone who loves photography is aware of the legendary Hasselblad cameras, but few of us know much about Victor Hasselblad himself—the man responsible for the iconic brand. The rare film below provides a unique opportunity to watch Hasselblad discuss his vision of photography in an interview broadcast by Swedish National Television in 1967.
Before Hasselblad appears live on screen, you get a tour of his quaint seaside home on the Swedish coast. Then the legendary camera designer discusses everything from his love of birds to his frustration with Japanese copies of his cameras. The interview is in Swedish, of course, but the subtitles are all you need to know what’s going on.
You’ll also get a look inside the company’s manufacturing facility and learn why NASA chose Hasselblad cameras to document their missions in space. So sit back, relax, and enjoy!
- Learn How to Make Great Portraits On the Cheap with Three Simple Setups from Nathan Elson (VIDEO)
- Freebie Alert: Get the “National Geographic Guide to Photography” with This Free PDF Download
- Getting Started in Photoshop? Here’s How to Use Layer Masks to Edit Difficult Images (VIDEO)
- These Stunning Images Are the 10 Category Winners in the 2017 Sony World Photography Awards Competition
- Bentley Is at It Again with This 57,700-Megapixel Interactive Image of Their Luxury Car in Dubai