Sigma Offers Four Chances to Win a Portfolio Critique
Beginning in July, one winner will be selected each month to have their portfolio reviewed by a Sigma Pro. Winners will be chosen based on the quality of their work, as well as the use of interesting and appropriate subject matter. The selected photographer will have a one-on-one telephone critique session with a Sigma Pro, which will be recorded and made into a video showcasing the photographer's work and the discussion with the Sigma Pro.
The “Our Pros, Your Photos” critique program is one of several activities that are underway to celebrate Sigma’s 50th anniversary. The page currently features monthly product giveaways, videos about the company and its products, advice from Sigma Pros, links to social media channels, and photo-sharing and tagging via Flickr.
“Our 50th anniversary theme is ‘Exploring the Possibilities.’ What better way explore your own possibilities in your photography than to have a Sigma Pro critique your portfolio?” said Mark Amir-Hamzeh, president of Sigma Corporation of America. “One of the best ways to learn as a photographer is by receiving constructive, honest feedback from seasoned and experienced professionals, and our Pros are excited to offer this opportunity as part of our 50th anniversary celebrations.”
The Sigma Pros will critique the selected portfolios based on their areas of expertise. Lindsay Adler, who specializes in fashion photography, will be the first pro to participate. Other Sigma Pros who will take part in the program include Kevin Ames (portrait photography), Robert O’Toole (wildlife photography) and Dave FitzSimmons (landscape photography).
Consumers can visit the anniversary website to enter to receive a critique through July 5, 2011. For information about Sigma Corporation of America or to view Sigma products, visit http://www.sigmaphoto.com.
- Which Lens Is Best for Portraits: A Fast 85mm F/1.4 Prime or a Versatile 70-200mm F/2.8 Zoom? (VIDEO)
- Watch These Massive Siberian Tigers Feast on a Drone After Ripping It out of the Sky (VIDEO)
- Learn How to Win Photo Contests with These Helpful Tips from Successful Shooter Lorenz Holder (VIDEO)
- Nature Photographer Mandy Lea Travels in Style to Capture Gorgeous Images of the Great Outdoors
- Watch This Photoshop Tutorial and Learn How to Give Your Images Vibrant Natural Colors (VIDEO)