Shoot Like a Pro with These 8 Clever Camera Hacks from Photographer Peter McKinnon (VIDEO)
Peter McKinnon is an award-winning Canadian photographer and like many pros he’s often had to rig something up in the field to solve a problem. In the quick video below, McKinnon shares eight simple hacks that can get you out of a bind in a hurry.
These professional tricks-of-the-trade involve a few common items that you likely already carry with you while shooting, such as a belt, sunglasses, a knife and your smartphone. He demonstrates how to use each of these “tools” (and a few others), to save the day when the going gets tough.
With McKinnon’s advice you’ll be able to stabilize your camera, add a dreamy look to your images, eliminate glare from your photos, and more.
- Take a Minute to Watch These 5 Fun Camera Hacks Using Stuff You Already Have at Home (VIDEO)
- Underexposed Portraits? They’re Easy to Fix with This 5-Minute Lightroom Tutorial (VIDEO)
- Watch Canon Cameras Evolve in This Short Video History Celebrating 30 Years of the EOS System
- Here’s How to Photograph the First Coast-to-Coast Total Eclipse of the Sun Since 1918
- Our 10 Favorite Film Cameras of All Time