Photographer Creates Hilarious Statue Selfies With Clever Use of His Camera
Yes, we’re all pretty sick of selfies but one clever photographer has created a hilarious photo series that appears to show ancient statues taking these now ubiquitous digital self portraits.
Reddit user Jazsus_ur_lookin_well came up with the concept while visiting at the Crawford Art Gallery in Cork, Ireland and viewing the museum’s collection of Greco-Roman statues. The statues, many of which have their arms extended making them perfect candidates for creating the fake selfies, are actually plaster copies of original statues in the Vatican museum.
What’s old is new again…for better or worse.
See more of these statue selfies on Bored Panda.
- Nikon Unveils AF-S Nikkor 105mm F/1.4E ED to Celebrate 100 Million Lens Milestone
- Why We Love Modern Retro-Style Cameras
- Long Glass: Our Favorite Telephoto and Zoom Lenses for Getting Close to the Action
- ExploreCams Website Reveals the Most Popular Cameras & Settings Used by Photographers
- Does Microsoft’s "Intelligent" New Pix iPhone Photo App Beat Apple at Their Own Game?