Photographer Creates Hilarious Statue Selfies With Clever Use of His Camera
Yes, we’re all pretty sick of selfies but one clever photographer has created a hilarious photo series that appears to show ancient statues taking these now ubiquitous digital self portraits.
Reddit user Jazsus_ur_lookin_well came up with the concept while visiting at the Crawford Art Gallery in Cork, Ireland and viewing the museum’s collection of Greco-Roman statues. The statues, many of which have their arms extended making them perfect candidates for creating the fake selfies, are actually plaster copies of original statues in the Vatican museum.
What’s old is new again…for better or worse.
See more of these statue selfies on Bored Panda.
- Our Pick: The 10 Best Lenses for Mirrorless Cameras
- Create Dynamic “Rain” Portraits on the Cheap with a Manual-Focus Lens and a Garden Hose (VIDEO)
- Canon Unveils 30.4MP 5D Mark IV DSLR & Two Lenses; We Take It For a Test Drive (VIDEO)
- 7 Photographic Mistakes I Still Make
- Our Favorite Reader Websites: 3 Great Online Photo Portfolios that Make Every Click Count