Photographer Creates Hilarious Statue Selfies With Clever Use of His Camera
Yes, we’re all pretty sick of selfies but one clever photographer has created a hilarious photo series that appears to show ancient statues taking these now ubiquitous digital self portraits.
Reddit user Jazsus_ur_lookin_well came up with the concept while visiting at the Crawford Art Gallery in Cork, Ireland and viewing the museum’s collection of Greco-Roman statues. The statues, many of which have their arms extended making them perfect candidates for creating the fake selfies, are actually plaster copies of original statues in the Vatican museum.
What’s old is new again…for better or worse.
See more of these statue selfies on Bored Panda.
- Look at These Eye-Popping Macro Photographs of Damselflies and You Will Be Amazed
- Ryan Deboodt’s Giant Cave Photography is Absolutely Astonishing
- B&W Fine Art: How David Fokos Uses the Passage of Time to Create Stunning, Emotional Images
- Paul Wilson’s Spectacular Starscapes Have to Be Seen to Be Believed
- Learn How to Paint With Light & Create Dramatic “Light Drawings” with Your Camera (VIDEO)