Photographer Creates Hilarious Statue Selfies With Clever Use of His Camera
Yes, we’re all pretty sick of selfies but one clever photographer has created a hilarious photo series that appears to show ancient statues taking these now ubiquitous digital self portraits.
Reddit user Jazsus_ur_lookin_well came up with the concept while visiting at the Crawford Art Gallery in Cork, Ireland and viewing the museum’s collection of Greco-Roman statues. The statues, many of which have their arms extended making them perfect candidates for creating the fake selfies, are actually plaster copies of original statues in the Vatican museum.
What’s old is new again…for better or worse.
See more of these statue selfies on Bored Panda.
- 10 Tips to Tell Your Novice Photography Friends on How to Shoot Fireworks
- Grandpa’s Super Rare 1959 Nikon F with Cloth-Type Shutter Curtain for Sale on eBay
- Gearing Up: 10 Essential Photo Products to Bring on Your Next Location Shoot
- Apple May Disable Your iPhone Camera at Concerts and Venues Where Photography Is “Inappropriate”
- Nick Carver Shares His Secrets for Making and Framing Great Fine Art Prints (VIDEO)