Photographer Creates Hilarious Statue Selfies With Clever Use of His Camera
Yes, we’re all pretty sick of selfies but one clever photographer has created a hilarious photo series that appears to show ancient statues taking these now ubiquitous digital self portraits.
Reddit user Jazsus_ur_lookin_well came up with the concept while visiting at the Crawford Art Gallery in Cork, Ireland and viewing the museum’s collection of Greco-Roman statues. The statues, many of which have their arms extended making them perfect candidates for creating the fake selfies, are actually plaster copies of original statues in the Vatican museum.
What’s old is new again…for better or worse.
See more of these statue selfies on Bored Panda.
- Check Out These Spectacular Images Captured by a Pilot From the Cockpit of a Boeing 747 Cargo Plane
- Is Instant Film Photography Making a Comeback? How Fujifilm Has Sparked an Instant Revival
- Take a Gander at the Massive Tamron 150-600mm Superzoom Lens that Debuted at Photokina
- Venus Optics Just Introduced the Weirdest Lens You’ve Ever Seen: The Laowa 24mm f/14 Macro
- Light Touch: Joe McNally On How to Use Multiple Speedlights to Capture Eye-Popping Portraits