Photo Book Review: “Your Family in Pictures: The Parents Guide to Photographing Holidays, Family Portraits and Everyday Life” by Me Ra Koh
If you’re an absolute beginner at photography and want to take great photos of your family then Your Family in Pictures: The Parents Guide to Photographing Holidays, Family Portraits and Everyday Life by Me Ra Koh is the ideal guide for you. Koh, who is a photography expert and TV show host, offers a wonderful selection of tips, tricks and techniques on how to capture those precious family moments like a seasoned professional.
She covers everything from finding the best lighting in your own home to getting your family in the mood for the photo shoot and exploring the use color or black and white for a fresh look. Koh then moves on to how to capture everyday life events, holidays and family portraits.
The last two chapters delve into more specific themes like tips for creating images of your tweens and teens and how to document that day at the beach or a visit to your favorite amusement park. Me Ra Koh will help you to fill those photo albums, cards to relatives and social websites with images that you’ll be more than proud to share.
Your Family in Pictures: The Parents Guide to Photographing Holidays, Family Portraits and Everyday Life; by Me Ra Koh; Amphoto Books; $19.99; (ISBN: 978-0-8230-8620-7)
For more information about Your Family in Pictures, visit www.amphotobooks.com.
- Freebie Alert: Get the “National Geographic Guide to Photography” with This Free PDF Download
- Learn How to Make Great Portraits On the Cheap with Three Simple Setups from Nathan Elson (VIDEO)
- Our 10 Favorite Film Cameras of All Time
- Bentley Is at It Again with This 57,700-Megapixel Interactive Image of Their Luxury Car in Dubai
- This Landscape Tutorial Takes You to Death Valley with Nature Photographer Ben Horne (VIDEO)