Pentax Unleashes Special Gunmetal "Prestige" Edition of K-3 DSLR
Pentax has unveiled a new limited edition "Prestige" version of its K-3 digital SLR with a distinctive gunmetal chassis. According to Pentax, the K-3 is a special edition camera created to commemorate “the many awards bestowed upon the K-3” by photography publications and websites. Fully weather sealed and crafted with a magnesium alloy body with a stainless steel chassis, the Pentax K-3 Prestige is available in a high-grade gunmetal finish with a BF-5 battery grip, a black leather strap and 2 dedicated batteries (for use in both the camera body and the battery grip). Like the regular K-3, the Prestige model uses a 24-megapixel, APS-C sized CMOS sensor, and is loaded with the latest firmware (version 1.10). It offers continuous shooting at 8.3 frames per second, a selectable anti-aliasing filter, an SAFOX11 autofocus module, real time scene analysis with an 86000 pixel sensor, FLU, Eye-fi wireless and SDX memory card compatibility. The K-3 Prestige has dual SD card slots, an HDMI port, a Pentaprism optical viewfinder (for 100 percent field of vision) and a .95 magnification. It offers HDR image capture and professional H.264 video and multi-pattern white balance. Only 2000 units of the Pentax K-3 Prestige Edition will be available worldwide. Suggested price is $1399.95. For more information, visit www.us.ricoh-imaging.com.
- Create Dynamic “Rain” Portraits on the Cheap with a Manual-Focus Lens and a Garden Hose (VIDEO)
- Top Products of the Year: We Team Up with TIPA to Pick the Best Photo Gear of 2016
- Look What AP Photographers Used to Create All Those Great Images at the Rio Olympics (VIDEO)
- Astronaut Captures Unbelievable Night Shot of an Ancient Crater on Earth Lit by the Aurora Borealis
- Clever Photographer Creates a DIY Timelapse Rig, and with the Right Tools You Can Too! (VIDEO)