Nikon SB-300 Speedlight
The SB-300 Speedlight is small enough to fit comfortably into a shirt pocket yet it is built for the user looking to take flash photography to the next level. Providing more power and coverage than a built-in flash, the versatile and portable SB-300 is a simple and valuable lighting accessory compatible with both Nikon D-SLR and Advanced Performance COOLPIX cameras. This new Speedlight covers a wide-angle 18mm in DX-format and operates via simple on-camera controls, making it easy for beginner photographers to use light to their advantage.
The SB-300 tilts up 120 degrees, allowing for the use of creative bounce flash to soften shadows and diffuse the flash, resulting in more flattering portraits and even exposures. For additional convenience, the firmware is upgradable through supporting D-SLRs, and this Speedlight is powered by two AAA batteries. Additionally, the SB-300 features thermal cut-out protection to prevent overheating when capturing rapid flash images in succession.
Price and Availability
The SB-300 will also be available in late August 2013 for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $149.95. For more information on NIKKOR lenses and accessories as well as other Nikon products, please visit www.nikonusa.com.
- Medium Tools: Our Favorite Medium Format Cameras, Lenses & Accessories
- How I Opened My Own Photo Gallery (And Lived to Tell the Tale!)
- Photographer Uses GoPro to Demonstrate the Collodion Process Invented in 1851 (VIDEO)
- Apple May Disable Your iPhone Camera at Concerts and Venues Where Photography Is “Inappropriate”
- Apple May Disable Your iPhone Camera at Concerts and Venues Where Photography is “Inappropriate”