Get Pro-Level Wireless Control Over Your Camera with Your Smartphone Using the Pulse Remote
Wireless camera remotes are fairly common these days but most offer only limited control over your DSLR or mirorrless camera. That changes with the new and sophisticated Pulse remote camera trigger from Alpine Labs, which combines pro features with an easy-to-use interface and a surprisingly low introductory price of $89.
The device plugs into the USB port on your DSLR or mirrorless camera and you can control it wirelessly via an app on your smartphone.
Similar in concept to the Pluto Trigger we previewed earlier, the Pulse Camera Remote lets you record stills and video from your smartphone, and provides control over exposure, ISO, HDR bracketing, and time-lapse photography. The device can also operate your camera’s self-timer and is firmware upgradeable.
Pulse is capable of controlling multiple cameras and features a 100-foot. Bluetooth range. The unit works with most Canon and Nikon DSLRs, as well as the Panasonic GH4. Check the Pulse website for a complete list of compatible cameras. Pulse is available for pre-order now for $80, with delivery expected this summer.
Check out the video below to see the unit in action.
- Capture the Beauty of Long Exposures with Your Camera’s Live View Mode and an ND Filter (VIDEO)
- Need a Portrait Model? Teach a Friend How to Pose Like a Pro with 3 Simple Tips (VIDEO)
- Take a Minute to Watch These 5 Fun Camera Hacks Using Stuff You Already Have at Home (VIDEO)
- How to Make Your Images Pop with Bokeh: Why Blurred Backgrounds Can Make or Break a Photo
- Sigma sd Quattro H Mirrorless Camera Review