Lensbaby Composer Pro for Mirrorless Cameras
The Composer Pro, launched in March 2011, refined and enhanced the popular and award winning Lensbaby Composer® by upgrading the swivel ball and focus mechanism to provide professional performance. The Composer Pro’s metal swivel ball design and refined focus mechanism deliver ultra-smooth focus and tilt control. The updated focus mechanism features a fluid and accurate dampened focus ring comparable to the focus mechanisms of the highest quality professional manual focus lenses. This smooth, fluid operation makes the Composer Pro the perfect choice for discerning professional photographers and videographers who want to create ground-breaking creative imagery – and now they can do so with their mirrorless cameras as well.
The Double Glass Optic, a 50mm f/2 selective focus optic, creates a Sweet Spot of sharp focus that photographers can move around the photo by tilting the Composer Pro’s swiveling lens body. The Composer Pro is compatible with the complete range of creative optics in the Lensbaby Optic Swap System including the Edge 80, Sweet 35, Fisheye, Soft Focus, Pinhole/Zone plate, Single Glass, and Plastic. Each optic can be swapped into the Composer Pro to deliver a different creative effect.
The Composer Pro for mirrorless cameras joins Lensbaby’s growing family of lenses, which now includes the Composer Pro for SLR cameras, Composer, Scout, Muse, and Control Freak."We’re excited to give mirrorless camera shooters full access to the Lensbaby Creative Effects system. With so many photographers opting for these smaller cameras for on-the-go shooting situations, our one lens with so many creative effect options will make a great addition to their set-up," said Craig Strong, Lensbaby Co-Founder and Chief Creative Officer.
Composer Pro for Mirrorless Cameras Specs:
- Refined metal ball design delivers ultra-smooth focus and tilt control
- Ships with the Double Glass Optic installed
- Compatible with the Lensbaby Optic Swap System
- Focus Type: Manual
- Size/Weight: 2.25” (5.71cm) high x 2.5” (6.35cm) wide / 4 oz (113.4g)
- Tilt range of up to +/- 17.5 degrees
Double Glass Optic Product Specs:
- Focal Length: 50mm
- Low dispersion, high refractive index, multi-coated optical glass doublet
- Aperture Type: Interchangeable, magnetic aperture disks
- Apertures: f/2, f/2.8, f/4, f/5.6, f/8, f/11, f/16, f/22
- Selective focus optic (creates a sweet spot of focus surrounded by gradual blur)
- Focus distance when used with Composer Pro: 18” to infinity
- 37mm front threads accept all Lensbaby accessory lenses
Composer Pro for mirrorless cameras is available now from Lensbaby-authorized photo specialty stores worldwide and from lensbaby.com. Composer Pro for mirrorless cameras retails for $300 MSRP.
- Don’t Screw Up: Here’s the Correct Way to Use a Reflector for Better Outdoor Portraits (VIDEO)
- Fujifilm Announces Pricing, Availability & Lenses for GFX 50S Medium Format Mirrorless Camera
- Travel Photo Tips: It’s Not What You See, but What You Feel That Makes for Better Pictures
- Our Favorite Reader Photos from "The Great Outdoors" Assignment
- This Happened When Kristina Makeeva Took a Stroll on the Deepest, Cleanest Lake On Earth