Learn How to Be a Better Street Photographer with These 2 Videos About Instagram Star Daniel Arnold
Daniel Arnold is a celebrated New York street photographer with over 135,000 fans on Instagram. In the two videos below, you’ll not only see Arnold in action but pick up some valuable tips on improving your street photography.
Both videos were created by Brooklyn-based filmmakers Mika Altskan and Matvey Fiks as they followed Arnold as he explored New York on foot and in the subway over a three-day period. The filmmakers shot the videos for their Creators YouTube channel.
The first video reveals Arnold’s unique approach for capturing spontaneous moments and candid portraits of his unsuspecting subjects and how he manages to gain a fleeting rapport with the strangers he photographs.
Whether Arnold is shooting iconic locations like Times Square, riding the subway, or wandering a random neighborhood street, he manages to capture a slice of humanity throughout all of New York’s five boroughs.
In the second video (below), Arnold shows how you can turn unremarkable moments into remarkable images as he photographs a mélange of scenes ranging from teenagers lifting weights in an alley, to elderly women conversing on a boardwalk bench.
So the next time you’re looking for something different to photograph, how about grabbing your camera, putting on some walking shoes and hitting the streets?
- Nature Photographer Thomas Heaton Reveals His Secrets for Shooting Spectacular Seascapes (VIDEO)
- Yay! 15 Fun Questions to Test Your Right to be Called a Photography Fanatic
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Aperture But Were Afraid to Ask (VIDEO)
- Learn How to Brighten Eyes in Photoshop in Less than One Minute (VIDEO)
- This Landscape Tutorial Takes You to Death Valley with Nature Photographer Ben Horne (VIDEO)