Jackie Augustine Elected Board of Directors President at RTP
Jackie has been a strong supporter of RTP for over 25 years and a member of the RTP Advisory Committee. She is passionate about art and photography and the role that Rehabilitation Through Photography plays in “helping transform lives through the power of photography.”
Rehabilitation Through Photography provides photography instruction and programs to veterans, the physically and emotionally challenged, the elderly, at-risk youth, the economically disadvantaged, the homeless and, the visually impaired. This photography instruction engages individuals with the wider world beyond their limitations and empowers them to see and act in creative and life-affirming ways. The acts of capturing the beauty and vitality of the world with a camera and of then enhancing the resulting images, rekindle individuals' interest in and excitement about life.
RTP, Rehabilitation Through Photography partners with public and private organizations across the New York metropolitan area to create programs and procure equipment and supplies and train instructors. Some of the organizations supported by RTP include: ABBR, Arts & Media Preparatory Academy, Block Institute, Children's Village, Creedmoor Psychiatric Center, Encore 49 Residence, Jewish Home & Hospital, Land Gallery, Millenium High School, Pathways To Housing, Phyllis L. Susser School for Exceptional Children, STARR,Inc. From the analog cameras and darkrooms of the past to the digital cameras and software of today, RTP's programs have taught many thousands of students in need, created many inspiring works of beauty, and nurtured countless New Yorkers.
RTP, Rehabilitation Through Photography is entirely supported by tax-deductible donations from individuals, corporations and foundations and is a registered 5013C charitable organization.
- Take a Minute to Watch These 5 Fun Camera Hacks Using Stuff You Already Have at Home (VIDEO)
- Need a Portrait Model? Teach a Friend How to Pose Like a Pro with 3 Simple Tips (VIDEO)
- Don’t Fear Off-Camera Flash: Use it to Make Better Outdoor Portraits with This Quick Tutorial (VIDEO)
- Can Printing Your Images Make You a Better Shooter? Here’s Why One Pro Says “YES” (VIDEO)
- Underexposed Portraits? They’re Easy to Fix with This 5-Minute Lightroom Tutorial (VIDEO)