Instagram Photographer Hot.Kenobi Uses Action Figures to Create a Humorous, Surreal Universe
Japanese Instagram photographer hot.kenobi has earned almost 47,000 followers who take pleasure and a bit of escapism in the humorous, surreal images he creates from action figures. His alternate universe conveys an explosive sense of movement, with a healthy dose of humor thrown in for good measure.
The Osaka-based hot.kenobi uses figurines like Spiderman, Captain America, Batman and others to create his delightful compositions that often include familiar objects like beer cans, cell phones, an even a distant cityscape.
The popular hot.kenobi not only manages to convey surprise and humor in his images, but some pretty good photography skills. His photos often employ some curious special effects as well.
Whether his subjects are engaged in an epic battle, single-handedly destroying a beverage can, or humorously posing with an everyday object, there always seems to be a storyline going on that creates both empathy and familiarity with the characters.
Of course photography with action figures isn’t exactly a new concept, and we invite you read our interview with another like-minded photographer who uses action figures to create some very comical scenes. And be sure to check out our earlier story about a U.S. Marine who creates composites with action figures, and another photographer who employs comic book and Star Wars figures to create humorous fantasies.
- Nature Photographer Thomas Heaton Reveals His Secrets for Shooting Spectacular Seascapes (VIDEO)
- Yay! 15 Fun Questions to Test Your Right to be Called a Photography Fanatic
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Aperture But Were Afraid to Ask (VIDEO)
- Learn How to Brighten Eyes in Photoshop in Less than One Minute (VIDEO)
- This Landscape Tutorial Takes You to Death Valley with Nature Photographer Ben Horne (VIDEO)