If You Like Old Cameras, You’ll Love This Online Treasure Trove of Classic Gear
Created by a French photo aficionado named Sylvain Halgand, Collection Appareils includes images and info on thousands of different cameras from around the world, with some models dating back to photography’s inception. You could spend days going through the site, checking out these vintage snaphshooters, many of which have been long forgotten.
We’ve picked a few of our favorite cameras from MessyNessy’s culling and translation of Collection Appareils' product archive, much of which is in French, and posted them below.
Speaking of classic photography collections, you should also check out this vintage online vault, which is one of the most extensive and interactive collection of photos of America in the Depression-Era 1930s. You’ll also want to set aside a lot of browsing time for that site too; it's fairly addictive.
(Via MessyNessy Chic)
- Learn How to Make Great Portraits On the Cheap with Three Simple Setups from Nathan Elson (VIDEO)
- Freebie Alert: Get the “National Geographic Guide to Photography” with This Free PDF Download
- Getting Started in Photoshop? Here’s How to Use Layer Masks to Edit Difficult Images (VIDEO)
- These Stunning Images Are the 10 Category Winners in the 2017 Sony World Photography Awards Competition
- Bentley Is at It Again with This 57,700-Megapixel Interactive Image of Their Luxury Car in Dubai