HIPA International Photo Award
Since it was established in March 2011 by His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Crown Prince of Dubai, with the presence and blessings of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, the ‘Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Award (HIPA) has grown in both reputation and organizational quality.
Drawing on the inspirations of its founder, the Award set out on a journey to “build man” by developing and honing his skills and pushing his ambition to new horizons where excellence and distinction in the field of photography have no limits.
Guided by this global scope, the Award’s Board of Trustees and work team endeavour to achieve good planning, quality execution and continuous development, day-in day-out, to see the Award achieving its goals and realizing the vision of its founder in assisting a generation of photographers to turn their ambitions into reality.
For more information on the awards, how to enter and more on HIPA please visit www.hipa.ae.
- Travel Photo Tips: It’s Not What You See, but What You Feel That Makes for Better Pictures
- These Gorgeous Images Show Why It’s Important to Pay Attention to Obscure Photo Contests
- Wildlife Photography with a Twist: The Unique Zoo Portraiture of Frenchman Eric Pillot
- Our Favorite Reader Photos from "The Great Outdoors" Assignment
- Which Lens Should I Buy (Part 2): More Lens Advice for Beginners Moving up from a Point-&-Shoot