FUJIFILM Weater Resistant X-T1
The FUJIFILM X-T1 now gives professional and enthusiast photographers the award-winning imaging power of the X-Series in a water, dust and temperature resistant body that braves outdoor challenges like never before.
The FUJIFILM X-T1 combines a unique wide-angle 2.36m dot resolution OLED view with the world’s highest magnification (0.77x) for a digital camera and shortest display lag-time of just 0.005 sec. The OLED viewfinder also includes cutting-edge technology to bring users even closer to their subjects. The X-T1’s viewfinder uses a newly designed Graphic User Interface that provides an exciting shooting experience with cleardetails and a comfortable at-a-glance view of your settings.
The X-T1 has four OLED EVF Display Modes:
1. "FULL" mode takes full advantage of the high magnification ratio of the X-T1's viewfinder to give an unrivalled view of the scene
2. "NORMAL" provides an optimum view, including shooting settings
3. "DUAL" is specially designed for manual focusing with a clever split view. The regular view and manual focus area can be simultaneously checked (with Digital Split ImageTM or Focus Peak Highlight)
4. “PORTRAIT” view in “NORMAL" and “FULL” modes automatically rotates the displayed information when the camera is held vertically
The FUJIFILM X-T1 uses the award-wining EXR Processor II and X-Trans CMOS II sensor with built in phasedetection that delivers an astonishing response time of just 0.08 seconds and a super-fast 0.5 second start-up time, along with a 0.05 second shutter time lag and a 0.5 second shooting interval.
The X-T1 can also shoot up to 8 frames per second with tracking AF and is the first-ever CSC to be compatible with SDXC UHS-II format memory cards for data writing speed (in Continuous Mode) that is approximately twice that of a conventional SD card.
Tough, weather-resistant design
The FUJIFILM X-T1 is the first weather-resistant X-Series CSC (when used with a weather-resistant lens) that performs in a wide range of challenging environments. The X-T1 uses more than 75 points of weather sealing, and the camera body is dust-resistant and water-resistant. The X-T1 is also freezeproof to -14°F for full-fledged field photography work, while the premium clear 3” LCD screen with 1.04 million dot resolution is made of tempered glass for additional outdoor protection.
With five mechanical dials on the top-plate, two command dials; one on the front and one on the rear, and six fully customizable function buttons, the FUJIFILM X-T1feels and functions like a proper photographic tool in the hand. The top-plate includes two machined-aluminum double-deck dials for the shutter speed and metering, and the ISO sensitivity and drive modes, and each is designed to turn with a reassuring click, while their textured surfaces gives a firm confirmation when setting up a shot.
With their exposure values clearly marked, the X-T1’s settings can be checked at a glance without using the rear LCD and the dials are perfectly arranged so that functions can be changed without removing your eye from the viewfinder. The six customizable function buttons and two command-dials arranged on the front and rear complete the picture, ensuring instant setting satisfaction.
WiFi and remote camera operation
The X-T1 one-touch WiFi connectivity lets you easily share images to your smartphone or tablet – pictures that these devices cannot capture - and remote shooting via smartphone or tablet using the Fujifilm Camera Remote app for unique capture opportunities.
Additional grip and weather resistant lenses
The optional vertical battery grip (VG-XT1) has the same hardy structure as the X-T1, sowhen added to the body, it is completely secured against the elements.
Fujifilm is launching three weather-resistant zoom lenses to complement the X-T1 camera in 2014, including the XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R OIS WR, XF16-55mmF2.8 R OIS WR and the XF50-140mmF2.8 R OIS WR.
The FUJIFILM X-T1 (body only) will be available for $1,299.95, and theX-T1 with the XF18mm-55mm (27-84mm) F2.8-4 lens (kit) will be available for $1699.95, both in February 2014.
The FUJIFILM X-T1 uses the same FUJIFILM X-Mount as the X-Pro1, X-E2, X-E1, X-M1 and X-A1, and all FUJIFILM XF and XC lenseswork with all X-Series interchangeable lens cameras.
- Learn How to Make Great Portraits On the Cheap with Three Simple Setups from Nathan Elson (VIDEO)
- Freebie Alert: Get the “National Geographic Guide to Photography” with This Free PDF Download
- Bentley Is at It Again with This 57,700-Megapixel Interactive Image of Their Luxury Car in Dubai
- Our 10 Favorite Film Cameras of All Time
- This Landscape Tutorial Takes You to Death Valley with Nature Photographer Ben Horne (VIDEO)