Epson Black-and-White Print Video Series
“To many, the Black-and-White print is the very definition of photography,” said Dan (Dano) Steinhardt, marketing manager, Epson America, Inc. “We wanted to capture what Black-and-White has meant emotionally for generations of photographers and also provide a digital workflow foundation as we celebrate the Black-and-White print, be it traditional or digital.”
The video interviews with Sexton and Weston will be available as a four-part series, with a new part available every two weeks. From his gallery in Carmel Valley, Calif., Sexton shares his start in photography, working with Ansel Adams, and his amazing body of work produced with traditional Black-and-White film, chemistry and paper. Weston, grandson of Edward Weston, talks about his photographic heritage from his grandfather’s original home and darkroom on the Monterey Peninsula, as well as his workshops and his own highly collected traditional Black-and-White work.
In addition, four video tutorials are available, featuring digital Black-and-White printing workflows. Taped in the digital lab at the Santa Fe Photographic Workshops using Silver Efex Pro™ 2 and an Epson Stylus® Photo R3000, video topics include:
- Getting Started: An introduction to digital Black-and-White printing with inspiration from the traditional darkroom
- Next Steps: A step-by-step tutorial of several Black-and-White conversions and the final steps for printing
- More Advanced: A more advanced, step-by-step Black-and-White printing workflow tutorial
- For Windows User: A step-by-step overview on Black-and-White printing for those using Windows 7
For more information about the Epson video series, visit www.epson.com/blackandwhite.
- Venus Optics Just Introduced the Weirdest Lens You’ve Ever Seen: The Laowa 24mm f/14 Macro
- Hands-On Impressions of the New Fujifilm GFX Medium Format Mirrorless Camera
- GoPro Launches Their First Drone and Two New Hero5 Action Cameras with Raw Capture Mode
- Leica and Lensbaby Intro New Lenses at Photokina: Leica 50mm f/1.4 Summilux SL & Lensbaby Twist60
- Bright Ideas: How Alexis Cuarezma Creates Dramatic Images Through Clever Lighting Setups