With so many new technologies and equipment available it can become overwhelming to know what to use and how to use it. Some have advantages over traditional film and darkroom, which presents exciting new opportunities for image creation. Shooting digital images provides more than just instant gratification. The sensitivity of the high-speed ISOs offers a pleasing image quality and increased diversity, under certain conditions. Recently, I put this to the test while shooting several assignments for modern dance companies. Through the use of high-speed digital capture chips and fast aperture lenses I was able to get some really unique images.
A New Challenge
A Quick Combination
Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc.
nik Multimedia, Inc.
Tamron USA, Inc. (Bronica)
- Medium Tools: Our Favorite Medium Format Cameras, Lenses & Accessories
- Apple May Disable Your iPhone Camera at Concerts and Venues Where Photography Is “Inappropriate”
- How I Opened My Own Photo Gallery (And Lived to Tell the Tale!)
- Nick Carver Shares His Secrets for Making and Framing Great Fine Art Prints (VIDEO)
- Photographer Uses GoPro to Demonstrate the Collodion Process Invented in 1851 (VIDEO)