Canon Unveils PowerShot SX730 Compact Camera with 40x Zoom & 35mm F/2.8 Macro Lens for DSLRs
Canon announced some new photo goodies this morning: the PowerShot SX730 compact camera with a 40x zoom (24-960mm equivalent), and the Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM lens, which has built-in Macro Lites on the sides of the lens.
The Canon PowerShot SX730 compact camera is designed for anyone who wants a pocket-size camera with a lot of zoom power for those spur-of-the-moment photo ops. Here’s a rundown of the main features of the new Canon SX70 camera:
• 20.3-megapixel CMOS sensor
• 40x optical zoom lens (equivalent to 24-960mm) with zoom framing assist feature
• Built-in WiFi, NFC and Bluetooth
• Digic 6 image processor
• 3-inch tilt-type (180 degrees up) rear LCD screen
• 1080p full HD video at 60p
• Self portrait mode for “selfies”
The Canon PowerShot SX730 HS camera goes on sale in June 2017 for $399.
The Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM lens is designed for enthusiast photographers with entry-level DSLRs who want to shoot close-up details on the go. The Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro can shoot as close as 30mm from the end of the lens to the subject, letting you capture macro shots of fruits, flower or insects with eye-catching background blur.
This is also the first Canon EF-S macro lens to feature built-in Macro Lites to more easily control close-up lighting without special gear. These are built-in LED lights on each side of the lens that let you create shadows on either side of the subject, or adjust the intensity to add dimension to close-up shots.
Here’s a rundown of more of the features of the new Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro:
• Popular 35mm focal length (56mm equivalent) with a fast f/2.8 aperture
• Hybrid IS (image stabilization) system offers up to four stops of shake correction
• Smooth Movie Servo AF (autofocus) with lead screw-type STM for quiet AF operation
• Full-time manual focus.
The Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM lens goes on sale in June 2017 for $349.
More info on both of these Canon products at usa.canon.com.
- Watch This Video and You’ll Never Shoot Photos on Railroad Tracks Again
- Summer Project: How to Put Classic Nikon Lenses Back to Work
- Top Guns: 4 of the Most Popular Photographers on Social Media Share the Secrets to Their Success
- Capture the Beauty of Long Exposures with Your Camera’s Live View Mode and an ND Filter (VIDEO)
- Does It Bug You that Nature Documentaries Are Kind of Fake? Watch This Video & Tell Us What You Think